Are you at risk for diabetes?
You may have pre-diabetes and be at risk for Type 2 diabetes if you:
- Are 45 years of age or older
- Are overweight
- Have a family history of Type 2 Diabetes
- Are physically active less than 3 times per week
- Ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes) or gave birth to a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds
If you think you may be at risk for type 2 diabetes:
Take the “Could You Have Pre-Diabetes?” online quiz at: WWW.cdc.gov/diabetes/prevention
Type 2 Diabetes is preventable!
If your score shows you are at high risk for diabetes, talk to your health care provider or contact Clinica Esperanza/Hope Clinic ( OV HEZ FREE Diabetes Prevention Program) at 401-347-9093 or www.aplacetobehealthy.org.
With the Diabetes Prevention Program you will learn:
- How to fit exercise into your daily routine in order to lose weight;
- Ways you and your family can eat a healthy diet by adding more fruits and vegetables;
- How to avoid diabetes through a CDC-approved curriculum